Author Topic: AMD 6770 Monero Mining On MinerGate - Diytube - Jan 29, 2018  (Read 529 times)

Offline Plum Crazy

AMD 6770 Monero Mining On MinerGate - Diytube - Jan 29, 2018
« on: February 08, 2018, 07:36:48 pm »
Link part 1: https://streamable.com/s/75kf8/rtpdrd

Link part 2: https://streamable.com/s/jsnav/pfyiok

AMD 6770 Monero Mining On MinerGate

The Do It Yourself World Electronics

Category: Cryptocurrency & Mining

Description:  I recently got an AMD Radeon 6770 in a trade and tried it out on altcoin mining using the GUI mining program MinerGate.

Now first understand MinerGate is meant to run in the background while you work on your computer so this is not going to max out your resources or really tax your system at all. Your earnings are not going to be as high as they could be with direct mining software in my experience.

I set up the AMD 6770 on top of an old PC using a riser card. This graphics card needs an extra power connection in order to power up so I had to wire it all up.

When I got the software drivers installed properly then I started MinerGate running and started mining XMR with both the CPU and GPU of the computer.

The GPU was hitting about 46 hash at the time.

I left the computer running for 24 hours to see what results I would get.

During this test I got 3,204 shares in a 24 hour period. This resulted in earnings of 0.00083351012 Monero.

And that was equal to about 0.0268 USD in earnings.

You are not going to get rich mining XMR using this card and PC combination on MinerGate by any means.

I have seen expected hashrates that double this though using proper mining software. If I can get something working with this older card, I will show the results on a video.

Thank you for watching. Please like, subscribe and share.

Follow us on Patreon for all our videos and articles in one place:

The following users thanked this post: Misty, Under Over Under Done, Honey Badger, Sweepstakesjunkie, Catscratch

Online Catscratch

Re: AMD 6770 Monero Mining On MinerGate - Diytube - Jan 29, 2018
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 07:44:22 pm »
Does he really think anyone gives a thirty second fart about any of this??? 

I'll tell ya what he's accomplishing: killing his underperforming channel, once and for all!
Scumbag troll from Troy's shit ass YouTube channel.

Offline Plum Crazy

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 08:54:35 pm »
So Trogs been wheelin' and dealin' on Craigslist picking up power supplies, and graphics cards. Funny... the very card he is "testing" isn't the one he traded for. Hmmm...not an Amd 5770, but an Amd 6770. Don't worry though folks as Trog's stated it's not a very good card anyway. ::)  So expect it on eBay... oh, that right it already is.. oh, and don't use miners gate software either... It's not very good. Trog says you should use software that's purely dedicated to mining cryptocurrency. Huh? So why in the hell is he using it!?!? Anyway after 24hrs of mining Trog has earned a pittance. ←His words.lol   Makes me want to be a big time investor... I'll be rich in no time flat... 1000 yrs perhaps.  ::)

Offline kasekracker1960

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 09:07:46 pm »
Does he really think anyone gives a thirty second fart about any of this??? 

I'll tell ya what he's accomplishing: killing his underperforming channel, once and for all!

NO!He is a media whore and gets his jollies playing the role and raking in donations!But I saw something on social media that might put a bee in his bonnet.The occupier of the White House is planning to crack down on immigrants that get social services and used that as a basis to deport as He say they are not contributing to society and we know Troy WILL NOT WORK to support his obligations.Is MI a port st ate?A real man without skills would go down to the docks and pick up a day laborer job to feed his family but not Trog.He is special!

Offline Barek

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 09:35:05 pm »
So Trogs been wheelin' and dealin' on Craigslist picking up power supplies, and graphics cards. Funny... the very card he is "testing" isn't the one he traded for. Hmmm...not an Amd 5770, but an Amd 6770. Don't worry though folks as Trog's stated it's not a very good card anyway. ::)  So expect it on eBay... oh, that right it already is.. oh, and don't use miners gate software either... It's not very good. Trog says you should use software that's purely dedicated to mining cryptocurrency. Huh? So why in the hell is he using it!?!? Anyway after 24hrs of mining Trog has earned a pittance. ←His words.lol   Makes me want to be a big time investor... I'll be rich in no time flat... 1000 yrs perhaps.  ::)

Okay...so here's the somewhat "geeky" analysis on this...and yes, I know he recently sold this card on eBay for $29 + shipping.

He mined $.02 USD value of Monero (XMR) in roughly 24 hrs.

The AMD Radeon 6770 has a nominal power of 107 watts
Convert Watts to Kilowatts - 107/1000= .107 kW
Multiply Kilowatts times 24 hrs to get the kWH - .107*24=2.58kWH
Now multiply kHW times t-beggar's power cost - 2.57kWH * $.1413 (MI average for all residential electricity users) = $.36 USD
Revenue from mining - $.02 (minus) - $.36 (costs) = -$.34 (loss)

If continued for 30 days - -$10.20/month (loss)

Yup, very profitable indeed...and this doesn't take into consideration the initial investment for any of the hardware,the fluctuating pricing of this (or any other) coin he may choose to mine, etc... A real way to create a stunning fortune!!!

FAIL!!!
I knew all the rules...but the rules do not know me...guaranteed!

Online Sweepstakesjunkie

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 09:38:20 pm »
Blah, blah, blah. Shove it up your ass LOSER. What a clusterfuck you have in your "tiny POS". Speak up I can't hear you with all that noise. :P but since it's obvious you or a troll read here, GET A JOB YOU BUM  >:(
I can't wait for Michelle to throw her bottle on your stupid mining crap!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Troy Quotes:
"Actually I would love a device to clean my rear" 4/11/19
"I am known for not smiling much" 9/27/17 (kids birth)

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 09:38:37 pm »
If in the other vidja as he says the two cards are drawing 250 watts each and the MB 22 watts all off of a 850 watt pwr sup
How in the fuck does this one work with 4 cards and a future fifth vidja card run off of a 500 watt pwr sup?
He's just making this shit up as he goes. 8)
"Due to the flack I receive from so many people I have not been showing my wiring. That is just how it is."

Online Offgridwife by mail

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 01:43:26 am »
So that's the cookie he will install from his platform so while you are there he will use you computer to mine for him

The following users thanked this post: DanMcC, Plum Crazy, DeePurr, Misty, LarryWeed, TDI, Honey Badger, Catscratch, FixedByDoc

Online Catscratch

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 05:52:34 am »
Could it be...that he has NO intention of making money from the mining itself?  That the real profit will come from scamming others out of cash and graphics cards, or as someone else suggested, a multi-level pyramid scheme?  We know Phillip is involved in this, but what sort of background does he have??  Is he a scammer as well?  You'd have to be a dolt to believe this is going to end well. 

Dingbat claims that the response from his 100 regular viewers is so overwhelming that he will have to ramp it up to accomodate them all!  Believe that, and I have a bridge to sell ya!  So already he's lying and using sales tactics to swindle.  For sure, his "offer" to help viewers get into mining is NOT out of the goodness of his heart -- there is none!
Scumbag troll from Troy's shit ass YouTube channel.

Online JoytheDog

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 12:18:48 pm »
Don't spend it all in one place, Jackass...

Matthew 11:7 - What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A REID shaken with the wind?

Online Sweepstakesjunkie

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2018, 12:30:37 pm »
Don't spend it all in one place, Jackass...

LMAO!! I find way more metal detecting and I get exercise and fresh air.
Troy Quotes:
"Actually I would love a device to clean my rear" 4/11/19
"I am known for not smiling much" 9/27/17 (kids birth)