Author Topic: Gutting A Computer To Build A Mining Rig Part 2 - Diytube - Jan 28, 2018  (Read 363 times)

Offline Plum Crazy

Link video 1: https://streamable.com/s/xl7hh/ajmfzg

Link video 2: https://streamable.com/s/1e47n/ftmhyv

Gutting A Computer To Build A Mining Rig Part 2

The Do It Yourself World Electronics

Category: Cryptocurrency & Mining

Description:  This is part 2 of building a mining rig out of an old computer. If you missed part one, please go back and see it here:

In the first part I left off at putting the motherboard and CPU combo onto the FrankenMiner 2.1 open air wood mining wood frame. You can get your own mining rig frame here:

I managed to the the entire mining rig up and running and then tested it out (off video) by mining some altcoins.

Thanks for watching.

Please subscribe, like and share.

You can follow all my videos and articles, plus Melanie's work on Patreon here:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 07:02:45 pm by Plum Crazy »

The following users thanked this post: DeePurr, BackFromTheDead, Honey Badger, Catscratch, Do It To Yourself World

Online BackFromTheDead

Re: Gutting A Computer To Build A Mining Rig Part 2 - Diytube - Jan 28, 2018
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 07:37:12 pm »
I never knew how involved it is strapping a motherboard to a piece of wood. What an amazing and informative how-to video. Jeez Louise!
One thing I love seeing is the low views he gets. I'm hoping his little video website venture costs him more than he ever gets out of it.

Online BackFromTheDead

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 07:53:58 pm »
WOW! I made it through part one and I gotta say that was a load of gibberish. Its funny listening to him tell you how to do it and then he ignores what he says and does it differently. Two obvious ones is he tells you to ground yourself but doesn't do it. He harps about putting your hand under the motherboard when installing cards but shoved one on without supporting it. Only after its mounted does he put his hand under it pretending to push it into the slot. It boggles my mind that he can be that stupid as to think what he produces has any value at all.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 08:40:53 pm »
"I do not want to hurt this Mother Board. Now the nature of the Dell...."
That's as far as I got ::)
Oh how I so want to show him how to Zip-Tie his lips shut :o
"Due to the flack I receive from so many people I have not been showing my wiring. That is just how it is."

Online Misty

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 08:47:30 pm »
I can barely get through the first one of this series.  But I see he's right back to making a mess in the living room.  8)
SMH everyday at the B.S.
Hip waders required!
Keeping the bleach closet stocked daily.

Online Sweepstakesjunkie

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 09:21:37 pm »
Hilarious dumbass. Obviously NOT prepared. First motherboard he had to change. Rack he made is not user friendly, but who cares, only dummy will use it. ;D
Let's see power supply is metal case, motherboard is thin, but let's put support under the power supply ???
Graphic card is a hard case so that definitely needs support  ???
"Now the table is wobbly not the rig..."  ROTF!!! ;D  ;D

Ahhh no moron, your woodworking skills are that of an 8 yr old who just got his first saw. :P

Doesn't know if the hard drive is "A" or "B"..... ??? "I should have paid attention when I ripped it out.".... What a prepared genius we have here!  :o

Oh no he has the wrong hard drive in! Gotta swap them out  :o

Oops forgot to grab a screw for the graphic card. He's so special! :P

Oops! Turned it on...nothing happened. Oh I guess he was confused on primary display #1 & #2.  ???
Oops! Black screen! "Sometimes you have to boot it a few times. It's a Microsoft thing. Windows is thinking, so I'll let it run for a while."

Darn video ended....Seems troyed up again! No need to watch, I just gave a synopsis. Fuck him!
Troy Quotes:
"Actually I would love a device to clean my rear" 4/11/19
"I am known for not smiling much" 9/27/17 (kids birth)

Online Sweepstakesjunkie

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 09:24:59 pm »
Little Michelle will have a great time pulling all those wires apart. ??? Might be rather shocking too  >:(
Hey fuck head! Get your electronic shit out of that house before you kill your child! >:(
Or will troy be pulling the "flowers in the attic" routine and force the child to stay upstairs when they are visiting the movie set? ::)
Troy Quotes:

The following users thanked this post: DanMcC, Plum Crazy, OldCodge, JoytheDog, Misty, LarryWeed, TDI, Suebelane, Honey Badger

Offline Plum Crazy

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 10:12:40 pm »
Hilarious dumbass. Obviously NOT prepared. First motherboard he had to change. Rack he made is not user friendly, but who cares, only dummy will use it. ;D
Let's see power supply is metal case, motherboard is thin, but let's put support under the power supply ???
Graphic card is a hard case so that definitely needs support  ???
"Now the table is wobbly not the rig..."  ROTF!!! ;D  ;D

Ahhh no moron, your woodworking skills are that of an 8 yr old who just got his first saw. :P

Doesn't know if the hard drive is "A" or "B"..... ??? "I should have paid attention when I ripped it out.".... What a prepared genius we have here!  :o

Oh no he has the wrong hard drive in! Gotta swap them out  :o

Oops forgot to grab a screw for the graphic card. He's so special! :P

Oops! Turned it on...nothing happened. Oh I guess he was confused on primary display #1 & #2.  ???
Oops! Black screen! "Sometimes you have to boot it a few times. It's a Microsoft thing. Windows is thinking, so I'll let it run for a while."

Darn video ended....Seems troyed up again! No need to watch, I just gave a synopsis. Fuck him!

Well Sweeps, you said pretty much what I was thinking myself. ;) 

The following users thanked this post: DanMcC, QuietKate, LarryWeed, TDI, Honey Badger, Sweepstakesjunkie, Barek

Offline Barek

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 10:41:00 pm »
Well Sweeps, you said pretty much what I was thinking myself. ;) 

Again, t-beggar shows his complete stupidity about PCIe slot utilization...it is CPU regulated...each Intel CPU has a specified number of "lanes" it will support...period. Of course, the higher the grade of CPU, the greater number of PCIe lanes are supported. I have no idea how many lanes this old Dell will support...but the new Asrock Q1900M has 1 - 16x and 2 - 1x PCIe slots...so he'd better check this out or he will be in the same boat as Lisa in Green Acres where she can only plug a Number 1 & 3 in or the antiquated electrical service will go "kablooey!!".

Also, t-beggar fails to realize that (for example) the GTX 1080Ti cards he is touting require 75 watts of power minimum through the PCIe bus - the remaining required power is drawn through the 6-pin or 8-pin power supply lines off the power supply. As he adds more and more cards on a single PCIe slot (via the splitters he bought) he is lowering the power available to each device on that PCIe port...the port only gets X watts via the PCH controller on the motherboard...hmmm.

Okay, done geeking out on y'alls here...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:44:09 pm by Barek »
I knew all the rules...but the rules do not know me...guaranteed!

The following users thanked this post: DanMcC, FeelMyBedini, Plum Crazy, OldCodge, JoytheDog, QuietKate, LarryWeed, TDI, Honey Badger

Online DanMcC

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 10:45:21 pm »
Little Michelle will have a great time pulling all those wires apart. ??? Might be rather shocking too  >:(
Hey fuck head! Get your electronic shit out of that house before you kill your child! >:(
Or will troy be pulling the "flowers in the attic" routine and force the child to stay upstairs when they are visiting the movie set? ::)

Well they can't let her play outside either....She can get electrcuted there too!!!!!!!!1!!!!11!!!!!

Online Sweepstakesjunkie

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 11:24:00 pm »
Well they can't let her play outside either....She can get electrcuted there too!!!!!!!!1!!!!11!!!!!

Troy is also a hazard. His breath is a killer I hear.
Troy Quotes: