Author Topic: Gutting A Computer To Build A Mining Rig Part 1 - Diytube - Jan 27, 2018  (Read 278 times)

Offline Plum Crazy

Link video 1: https://streamable.com/s/75uyd/hoxvyr

Link video 2: https://streamable.com/s/cahfg/nlurti

Gutting A Computer To Build A Mining Rig Part 1

The Do It Yourself World Electronics

Category: Cryptocurrency & Mining

Description:  I gutted a computer to use its parts to build an altcoin mining rig. I used my own homemade FrankenMiner 2.1 open air mining rig frame as the base for this build.

You can find the FrankenMiner 2.1 open air mining rig frame here:

First I had to disassemble the old computer. The cables and wires come out first. I took out the power supply to give me plenty of room to work with.

The power supply is a very nice after market power supply so this one is going onto my mining rig.

Then I had to remove the screws holding the motherboard in place. This is an old Dell so there are also some odd screws holding the motherboard somewhere near the CPU. These had to be located and removed.

Then the motherboard slipped out with ease.

I used zip ties to fasten the motherboard and CPU combo onto the mining rig frame.

Next came the power supply and then the hard drive.

First I put a single graphic card onto the motherboard and booted up into Windows. After a while Windows finishes installing the driver software for the graphics card and then I reboot the computer to make sure the drivers are properly working.

Then I can insert another card and then another. Sometimes Windows blanks out the monitor and you think the computer crashed. But just let it run and eventually the display comes back on.

I use MSI Afterburner to test out the cards and set the cooling fans on high. This prolongs the life of the graphics cards.

This is part one of the video. Stay tuned for the second half, coming soon....
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 07:02:05 pm by Plum Crazy »

Online Catscratch

Re: Gutting A Computer To Build A Mining Rig Part 1 Diytube Jan 29, 2018
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 07:00:14 pm »
Sorry, but I'm positive that he's getting help with this stuff from somewhere.  He's just too dense a doofus to figure out all this on his own.  C'mon, this is a guy who can't put a stovepipe on correctly, or find out where the wires in his truck are troyed up! He even put a saw blade on wrong at least once!  And now we're to believe that he's a 'puter genius all of a sudden?  So who's helping him?  Is it Phillip20 or someone else? 
Scumbag troll from Troy's shit ass YouTube channel.

Offline kasekracker1960

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 07:55:41 pm »
Sorry, but I'm positive that he's getting help with this stuff from somewhere.  He's just too dense a doofus to figure out all this on his own.  C'mon, this is a guy who can't put a stovepipe on correctly, or find out where the wires in his truck are troyed up! He even put a saw blade on wrong at least once!  And now we're to believe that he's a 'puter genius all of a sudden?  So who's helping him?  Is it Phillip20 or someone else? 
Well I would not go so far as to say that it is very difficult to put together a computer...it is modular.Many years ago when I was much younger I put my 12-15 year sons out in the garage and showed them a few times.It really is like Legos..I mean plugging the boards together.Troy is an idiot but this is really exaggerated to benefit him as "a down -on-his -luck" harmless bumbling idiot.He plays this role as he has all of his life.He is a truly evil bastage

Online Do It To Yourself World

Re: Gutting A Computer To Build A Mining Rig Part 1 Diytube Jan 27, 2018
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 08:16:15 pm »
"Now, I am always touching the case, or trying to short myself out"
Let me add....
"But I am too stupid to know that when I touch the case, and that case is on an insulated wooden table, it does nothing".

Online Do It To Yourself World

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 08:25:27 pm »
Notice when he was trying to get the mother board out, he couldn't figure it out, so he paused the cam, went on You Tube, and watched a video. Then he returned an expert on "The Dell".

Offline Plum Crazy

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 09:48:57 pm »
So Trog is going to let us follow along while he strips down this Dell computer, and transform it into a minin' rig... I feel so privileged.  He's also going to show us how to strap down a motherboard and "harvest" Altcoins. Hmmm. How does one harvest Altcoins? I thought they were mined!  Hey Trogs... are there Altcoin seeds to plant?  ::)  The new GTX 1050 graphics card is also running "happily" after 12 hrs. I'm so glad it's happy.  :o The next step Troy Tesla states is to short himself out...lol  With that 1000mph brain running it already is.... Suffice it to say, there is a bunch of nothing except the mistake 'Quantum computer Troy' makes towards the end of the video where he applies way to much thermal compound to his CPU.  A pea sized drop is all you need, and to compound his error he smudges it around with his firger applying his hand oils to the mix.  I can hardly wait till the conclusion of video 2 in this series. ::)  See you all there...

Online Sweepstakesjunkie

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 10:31:24 pm »
Sorry I just can't watch another dismal video of this crap. But I happily await others comments. I lost some brain cells on the last 2. :(
Troy Quotes:
"Actually I would love a device to clean my rear" 4/11/19
"I am known for not smiling much" 9/27/17 (kids birth)

The following users thanked this post: DanMcC, Plum Crazy, OldCodge, JoytheDog, Misty, LarryWeed, TDI, Suebelane, Honey Badger, Catscratch