Author Topic: Building A GTX 1080 Ti Mining Rig On ASRock Q1900M Motherboard - Feb 8, 2018  (Read 883 times)

Offline Plum Crazy

Link part 1: https://streamable.com/s/bn50w/cyqdgr

Link part 2: https://streamable.com/s/bi6e5/bupbto

Building A GTX 1080 Ti Mining Rig On ASRock Q1900M Motherboard

The Do It Yourself World Electronics

Feb 08, 2018

Category: Cryptocurrency & Mining

Description:  I built a mining rig using an ASRock Q1900M mini combo motherboard with CPU. This motherboard has a passive cooler and uses very little power so I chose it for the mining rig build.

This board has three PCIe slots and all I needed for this rig was two slots. Since I am installing two GTX 1080 Ti graphics cards which use 250 Watts each, I am not going to be putting any more cards on this rig anyway.

I was talking about installing my old GT 770 graphics card on this rig as well but decided that it would burn too much power combined with the two 1080s.

I used the dogfish 30 GB SSD hard drive I recently received in the mail along with some used RAM I had laying around. An 850 Watt Thermaltake power supply was to power the rig.

I first build a mining rig frame out of lumber and then put the motherboard and power supply in place. Then I wired everything up and got the hard drive connected.

Next I installed Windows 10 Pro from a USB stick and then did all the current Windows updates.

During the entire process I used the original onboard graphics card for the installation.

Then I put on the first graphics card with its riser and started the computer. I installed the proper drivers and then mined a bit with the card to make sure it was running well.

And finally I installed the second graphics card and got the rig mining.

These are the parts I used:

ASRock mini motherboard and CPU:
Dogfish 30 GB SSD Hard Drive:
Thermaltake 850 Watt power supply:
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti graphics cards:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 03:29:55 pm by Plum Crazy »

Offline Plum Crazy

It's like the blind leading the blind... Trog has no idea what he is doing! I never seen someone more confused setting anything up. And this is the guy who wants you to send him equipment!?!? SMH, Unbelievable!  :o  Doesn't even know what Ram to use...  ::)

Online DeePurr

I haven't been able to work up the energy to watch this yet!

Online Catscratch

Just the title is gibberish to me!  ???

I think he just loves to make himself sound smarter than everybody else!  After all, he did invent the first water-cooled computer system!
Scumbag troll from Troy's shit ass YouTube channel.

Offline Plum Crazy

I haven't been able to work up the energy to watch this yet!

Lets just say it will boggle your mind...  And wait till you see the little outside cats peeking through the window begging to come in. Trog pulls the window shade down during an edit so he doesn't have to look at them. He's such a Prick!  >:(

Online BackFromTheDead

The windforce graphic card he showed on that wooden POS is plugged full of dirt. His house must be a sty.

Online Misty

Lets just say it will boggle your mind...  And wait till you see the little outside cats peeking through the window begging to come in. Trog pulls the window shade down during an edit so he doesn't have to look at them. He's such a Prick!  >:(

"I've got Windows 10 Pro. BTW"   And several other crazy statements on second part. ::)
SMH everyday at the B.S.
Hip waders required!
Keeping the bleach closet stocked daily.

"I've got Windows 10 Pro. BTW"   And several other crazy statements on second part. ::)
I wander how he's skirting around the activation of each installation?
"Due to the flack I receive from so many people I have not been showing my wiring. That is just how it is."

Online Sand_Piles

Meanwhile Samsung is working on a project that will make video cards useless for crypto mining..........

Samsung confirms it is making ASIC chips for cryptocurrency mining

https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/31/samsung-confirms-asic-chips/

It will probably more energy efficient than the video cards too...........

DUMB@$$$!!!!!!!!
GET A JOB, TURD!!!!

Still waiting to see the FULL DD214!!!

Online DeePurr

Those poor cats.  They are hungry and troy can't take time out to feed them because they don't figure into his plans!

Online LarryWeed

Self proclaimed ZipTie Mining Expert

Offline Plum Crazy

Those poor cats.  They are hungry and troy can't take time out to feed them because they don't figure into his plans!

See crap like this makes me hate Troy so much more... I wish Melanie would lock him outside and take pictures of him looking through that window.  Now that would be sweet justice!

Online DeePurr

He's really pissing me off letting those cats beg like that!  Evidently, the mouse population isn't keeping them well fed if they are up at the window begging for food!  The prick!

Online Do It To Yourself World

It's like the blind leading the blind... Trog has no idea what he is doing! I never seen someone more confused setting anything up. And this is the guy who wants you to send him equipment!?!? SMH, Unbelievable!  :o  Doesn't even know what Ram to use...  ::)
I agree. That's why he tried to BS everyone into thinking all he did was break the seal on the box.
The real reason is because he had to go over everything in advance, that way he won't look as stupid as he really is.

Online Do It To Yourself World

He"ll screw the other Graphics Card down later.