Author Topic: The Off Grid Project New Boat And Fishing For Food - Sep 14, 2018  (Read 1368 times)

Online Mr Spork

Re: The Off Grid Project New Boat And Fishing For Food - 14 Sep 2018
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2018, 01:31:55 am »
I really don't care if I catch or not, if I'm on my own.  Any excuse to sit in the country and watch the critters go about their daily lives.

If I'm with a friend, it's different.  Always an opportunity to take the piss, or have it taken out of me.   ;D  It's what blokes do.   ::)

I like fishing.
I prefer not catching, cuz then I have to put my beer down and deal with the damn things  ;D

The following users thanked this post: DanMcC, OldCodge, Icetecker, DeePurr, TDI, trish, Suebelane, JESSIE SCOTT

Online Icetecker

« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2018, 09:27:24 am »
I like fishing.
I prefer not catching, cuz then I have to put my beer down and deal with the damn things  ;D

Your comment made me laugh and is similar to a buddy I fish with often . He will not handle a fish , even with gloves on . When he catches something he'll grab the line with one hand and with the other using extremely long needlenose pliers , shake the shit out of it until it drops off into wherever he wants it . Be it the live well , cooler or over the side of the boat . If I refuse to unhook the fish ( after about 8 beers I refuse to do it just to get a laugh ) or he's fishing alone , he'll just cut the line and rebait . I once watched him haul in a 20 to 25 lb  Muskie that was out of season using a $40.00 lure cut the line over the side . The fish just swam away . I didn't think he'd do it . He fishes alone most of time also . God only knows how much money he's thrown over the side of the boat .

You may be thinking , what does he do with the fish after arriving home ? Well , that's easy . The wife handles , cleans and cooks the catch .

P.S. , Some may be thinking it's cruel leaving the lure in the fish . On Georgian Bay all hooks used must be the type that dissolve within a certain amount of time . I think it's 14 days but that could be wrong . Might be a little more or less . If caught using illegal hooks you could lose everything involved in catching the fish . The boat and its entire contents . The vehicle if it was used to launch the boat . And to put a tack on the electric chair , a massive fine upwards of 50 grand that will make your day of fishing a memorable experience .
Under a bridge near you .

The following users thanked this post: DanMcC, OldCodge, DeePurr, Misty, DrFeelgood, TDI, Honey Badger, JESSIE SCOTT, puzzledcanadian

Online OldCodge

• Administrator
  • We shall never surrender, whatever the cost may be
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2018, 10:39:11 am »
Wow!  Dissolving hooks.  I never knew there was such a thing.   ;)

I only ever use barbless hooks, nowadays.  As long as you keep your line tight, they don't let go, and they're much easier to unhook.

Online JESSIE SCOTT

« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2018, 12:21:38 pm »
I always catch when i go fishing ,if they aint biting the fish monger is on the way home and convienent to stop by .
I'm Jessie Scott and i approve this message....Have no fear .......MELANIE and little Pyongyang  are hard peddling the Great and Powerful Bedeni Motor , to provide electrical needs required by the Whack A Mole Mining Company. - Jessie Scott .

The following users thanked this post: DanMcC, OldCodge, Misty, TDI, Honey Badger, puzzledcanadian

Offline puzzledcanadian

« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2018, 12:59:41 pm »
I always catch when i go fishing ,if they aint biting the fish monger is on the way home and convienent to stop by .

My favorite places to fish are Martins fish market for fresh yellow perch and Trails End market for amazing smoked Rainbow. lol

The following users thanked this post: DanMcC, OldCodge, Misty, DrFeelgood, TDI, Honey Badger, JESSIE SCOTT, Torx Head

Online DanMcC

« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2018, 01:52:52 pm »
''
Right? I've never ever come home empty handed from a fishing trip....

The time I came home with pork chops was kind of hard to explain though... ;)

The following users thanked this post: OldCodge, DrFeelgood, GreasyCock, TDI, davie-m, trish, Honey Badger, JESSIE SCOTT, puzzledcanadian

Offline GreasyCock

« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2018, 03:28:54 pm »
''
Right? I've never ever come home empty handed from a fishing trip....

The time I came home with pork chops was kind of hard to explain though... ;)

Pigs ARE difficult to get into da boat,,and they squeel alot.
Cock-a-Fukin-Doodle-Doo!

The following users thanked this post: DanMcC, OldCodge, TDI, Under Over Under Done, trish, JESSIE SCOTT

Online FixedByDoc

« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2018, 04:01:08 pm »
i simply just dont eat fish period. in fact if it lives or grows in water i dont eat it except rice. its all nasty and smells disgusting and doesnt mater how its cooked or who cooks it... no amount of hot sauce can correct the taste either. yuck!
Always doing better...

Online DrFeelgood

« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2018, 04:50:10 pm »
i simply just dont eat fish period. in fact if it lives or grows in water i dont eat it except rice. its all nasty and smells disgusting and doesnt mater how its cooked or who cooks it... no amount of hot sauce can correct the taste either. yuck!

Must be a VA thing. My son Chris also doesn't eat fish.

The following users thanked this post: DanMcC, JoytheDog, TDI, Honey Badger, JESSIE SCOTT, FixedByDoc

Offline GreasyCock

« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2018, 05:37:20 pm »
Veterans of Asian engagements, love raw fish. we lick it,taste it,,and love the see-food.
troy and fat melon-ie have new boat. just in time for water to freeze.
Ping-Pong and MelonTits,
should spend Winter,
in amish shed.
Bendidi power,freezer FULL of kale and mega fish harvest.

Cock-a-Fukin-Doodle-Doo!

The following users thanked this post: DanMcC, Honey Badger, JESSIE SCOTT

« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2018, 08:06:46 pm »
I was raised on Captain High liner fish stick up until the 80's when I found out what's actually in them. I HATE FISH. Try living with a philopena girl that cooks it every fucking day...I often have to leave the house for a few hours. That shit stinks.   
"Due to the flack I receive from so many people I have not been showing my wiring. That is just how it is."

The following users thanked this post: DanMcC, JoytheDog, DeePurr, JESSIE SCOTT, FixedByDoc

Online FixedByDoc

« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2018, 09:37:58 pm »
I was raised on Captain High liner fish stick up until the 80's when I found out what's actually in them. I HATE FISH. Try living with a philopena girl that cooks it every fucking day...I often have to leave the house for a few hours. That shit stinks.

addie is not allowed to cook fish indoors unless im going to be gone for a week or more on one of my trips. the only other rule for her is no perfumes indoors because im very allergic. she says she doesnt mind.
Always doing better...

The following users thanked this post: DanMcC, JoytheDog, Under Over Under Done, trish, JESSIE SCOTT, Barek