Author Topic: How To Build An Altcoin Mining Rig From A Used Computer Step By Step - Jun 7, 2018  (Read 1204 times)

This is not a link to Trogs channel.
Couldn’t find this on Hook tube so downloaded it My Skunk Tube channel for your enjoyment.
It’s unlisted and not open to the world.
I haven’t seen this yet, I refuse to give him just one view over there.
If it’s posted somewhere else on here will a mod please delete this crap.

How To Build An Altcoin Mining Rig From A Used Computer Step By Step. Published 06th June 2018

How to build a cryptocurrency mining rig out of used computer parts. This is an easy to follow, step by step instructional video which will hopefully help people who are interested in mining but do not have a lot of experience with computers.

I took the motherboard and CPU combo out of an old Dell computer a while back. This is the backbone for today's video. I have been using this old Dell to run two graphics cards as needed through the past months.

Today we are going to assembly a single GPU mining rig using otherwise all second hand parts.

Place your motherboard on a flat, non-static surface.

Next get your hard drive out and connect a SATA cable to the data output of the hard drive. Connect the other end to your motherboard SATA 0 or 1 slot. This depends on your motherboard and could be either SATA 0 or 1.

Next, take your PCIE riser card and insert your graphics card into the riser. Insert the riser adapter into the motherboard and connect the USB cable between the two.

Next find the largest connector on the power supply and push that into the motherboard power supply socket. This can only go one way into the motherboard socket. It cannot be put in the wrong way.

Now connect the 4 pin CPU power cable from the power supply into the motherboard. Newer motherboards will have two of these 4 pin plugs side by side.

Connect a SATA power plug from the power supply into your hard drive (assuming SATA is used here).

And connect power to your riser card. Depending on the GPU you are using, you may need to connect power to the graphics card itself as well.

Finally connect your monitor, mouse and keyboard. Then connect a network cable between the motherboard and your modem.

That is all there is to it.

Stay tuned for the next segment in the series on how to set up a mining rig - how to set up the BIOS to optimize your mining rig.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 05:04:48 am by The Dark Destroyer »
There is life on Jackass Acres, but not as we know it!

Sorry just can’t watch this crap but it looks like he might (but cant't really see it)be building these things and selling them if you skip to the end of the video!
 :( :( :(
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 01:19:37 pm by The Dark Destroyer »

The following users thanked this post: JoytheDog, Misty, LarryWeed, TDI, Under Over Under Done, Honey Badger, gollygee, maybenot, DAT, Genx

Online Torx Head

It must be easy to build a mining computer if the idiot troy w. reid can do.  To bad you can't afford the electric to operate the computers.  Moron:)

Online gollygee

Sorry just can’t watch this crap but it looks like he might (but cant't really see it)be building these things and selling them if you skip to the end of the video!

sounds like that's what he's doing. Also looks like he is still on-grid...could he start that up on whatever solar he has?

It must be easy to build a mining computer if the idiot troy w. reid can do.  To bad you can't afford the electric to operate the computers.  Moron:)

I bet Mellie builds them up like she does everything else and old Trog just takes the credit!  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 03:33:56 pm by The Dark Destroyer »

The following users thanked this post: DanMcC, Misty, LarryWeed, TDI, Under Over Under Done, Honey Badger, DAT, Torx Head

Offline DAT

I bet Mellie builds them up like she does everything else and old Trog just takes the credit!  ;D ;D ;D

That could be why she hasn't made a video on her own channel in a long time.
"Delete_Delete_Delete" ~ Broken Matt Hardy

Online Suebelane

That could be why she hasn't made a video on her own channel in a long time.
She doesn’t have time to make videos. She has 16 acres to take care of along with the masters offspring. I’m sure it is a full time job feeding him and tending to his medical issues.

Online Misty

I agree he is building and selling these by what he said at the end.  Not that anything he puts together is worth the money he would ask for it!
SMH everyday at the B.S.
Hip waders required!
Keeping the bleach closet stocked daily.

Online Sand_Piles

no wrist strap to ground himself and I doubt he has the anti-static mat. 

ZAP!!!
GET A JOB, TURD!!!!

Still waiting to see the FULL DD214!!!

The following users thanked this post: JoytheDog, Misty, The Dark Destroyer, LarryWeed, Honey Badger, DAT

Offline maybenot

Selling pirated software is always a good idea. Have these been found on CL yet?

The following users thanked this post: DanMcC, OldCodge, Misty, LarryWeed, Under Over Under Done, Honey Badger, DAT, FixedByDoc

Online DanMcC

Selling pirated software is always a good idea. Have these been found on CL yet?

No, but I did find a fridge for sale w/ NA beers in it....

https://nmi.craigslist.org/app/d/218-cu-ge-fridge-freezer-side/6607968513.html

Anything in this description sound familiar???

Selling our perfectly good, working side by side GE fridge, freezer combo. This is a 21.8 cu ft frost free freezer and fridge with a LOT of space in it.

We are down sizing our food storage and hoping to free up the window this fridge is covering at this time. We are cleaning it out as I write this post so its been running well in our house.

Seals are good and never builds up condensation. It came with our home when we bought it a year ago so no idea on age but it works. Model number TFX22ZG

33 inches wide by 29 inches deep by 68 inches high. Fridge is 20.5 inches wide and the freezer is 12 inches wide (measured on the door).

Bring some help to load it up because its large.

Same person is selling an old electric range too (because they switched to gas)....Hmmmmmm...

I just shoved two pencils into my ears and forks into my eyes.
"Due to the flack I receive from so many people I have not been showing my wiring. That is just how it is."

No, but I did find a fridge for sale w/ NA beers in it....

https://nmi.craigslist.org/app/d/218-cu-ge-fridge-freezer-side/6607968513.html

Anything in this description sound familiar???

Selling our perfectly good, working side by side GE fridge, freezer combo. This is a 21.8 cu ft frost free freezer and fridge with a LOT of space in it.

We are down sizing our food storage and hoping to free up the window this fridge is covering at this time. We are cleaning it out as I write this post so its been running well in our house.

Seals are good and never builds up condensation. It came with our home when we bought it a year ago so no idea on age but it works. Model number TFX22ZG

33 inches wide by 29 inches deep by 68 inches high. Fridge is 20.5 inches wide and the freezer is 12 inches wide (measured on the door).

Bring some help to load it up because its large.

Same person is selling an old electric range too (because they switched to gas)....Hmmmmmm...
Fridge is so old I can't find it's age online. My guess is the 80's It's junk and a power hog.
"Due to the flack I receive from so many people I have not been showing my wiring. That is just how it is."

The following users thanked this post: DanMcC, OldCodge, JoytheDog, Misty, LarryWeed, TDI, trish, ROGUEELEMENTS, Honey Badger, maybenot, DAT

Online DanMcC

Fridge is so old I can't find it's age online. My guess is the 80's It's junk and a power hog.

Good guessing...

I just found it on sale in the Detroit free press with free ice maker and installation...

Date: August 22, 1985.

Online Honey Badger

I found a use and care manual is from Nov. 1988.  ;D